Symposium Registration | Symp Fax Registration | Gala Registration |
Exhibitor Prospectus | Presentation Coaching | Info for Attendees |
Info for Presenters | 2017 ASHA Faculty Disclosures | 2017 Symposium Program
46th Annual Symposium:
Care of the Professional Voice
May 31 – June 4, 2017 * Philadelphia Westin
Chairman, Robert T. Sataloff
Abstract submission opening: September 15th, 2017
Abstract submission deadline: Closed for 2017
On-line Symposium registration opening: January 15th, 2017
Early bird Symposium registration deadline: April 26th, 2017
The annual symposium is a five-day meeting featuring advanced programming presented by leading professionals in the voice care field. Papers, Posters, Workshops and Panels are presented to educate the scientific and artistic communities about advances being made in voice science, care and training. Voice professionals, including surgeons, scientists, speech-language pathologists, voice teachers, performing artists and students from all over the world come to gather the most up-to-date research findings, therapeutic techniques, and improved surgical methods in the field of voice medicine. They network with colleagues, see product demonstrations, learn cutting-edge techniques and earn continuing education credits.
It is a CME and CEU -accredited Voice Symposium from May 31 through June 4, 2017.
The program is designed to foster future researchers and teachers. As part of the symposium, we give young researchers an opportunity to talk with and learn from senior scientists by first presenting their research as posters and, as they progress, as oral presentations. We offer research awards including Van Lawrence Fellowship, Sataloff Young Investigator Award, Hamdan International Presenters Award, Best Student Presentation, Gisele Oliveira Award, Poster Awards, and Best Paper Awards.
During the symposium, the New Investigators Research Forum gives two young researchers the opportunity to present their research-in-progress to the world’s most respected scientists in the field for feedback.
More than 400 voice care professionals attend, including a strong faculty attendance from hospitals and universities world-wide. Papers presented at this Symposium educate the public and the scientific community on the latest advances in voice science and care.
How You Will Benefit from attending:
- Broaden Your Knowledge Base through INTERDISCIPLINARY presentations, posters and workshops
- Possibility to earn CME Credit Hours
- Possibility to earn CEU Credit Hours
- Explore the most up-to-date research information for diagnosis, treatment and care of the voice
- Network with Otolaryngologists, SLPs, Scientists, Performing Artists and Teachers.
- Be part of advancing the research, diagnosis and treatment of the Professional Voice, helping those who depend on their voices to earn a living, including Actors; Singers; Broadcasters; Teachers; Physicians; Lawyers; Salespeople and countless others
- Unite Medicine, Science & Art
- Review the offerings of companies with products specific to Voice
- Representatives from approximately 35 states and 30 countries
- Researchers in Otolaryngology, Voice Science, Speech Pathology and Vocal Pedagogy
- Speech Language Pathologists in Voice
- Professors and Teachers of Singing, Acting and Speaking
- Otolaryngologists , Fellows, Residents and Graduate Students in training
- Performing Artists and Celebrities