The Sataloff Award for Young Investigators, co-sponsored by Elsevier and The Voice Foundation, recognizes excellence among young researchers. The first Annual Sataloff Award was presented in 2009.
This award is open to investigators who completed their training (including fellowship) no more than five years ago. Investigators must present new research for publication in Journal of Voice.
TO ENTER, include the following:
- Submit your abstract for presentation (oral or poster) in the upcoming symposium. Submission deadline is October 31.
- The nominees must self-nominate with a Letter of intent to the committee by February 1st. (Extended to the 5th) Send your letter of intent to email@example.com
- In one combined PDF – submit the letter with a short paragraph about your training and mentioning your research and a copy of your accepted abstract.
- Submit your completed papers
- to the committee
- and to Journal of Voice by April 1st.
The winner will be selected by an Advisory Board committee headed by Norman Hogikyan, MD, and will be notified by The Voice Foundation.
THE WINNER RECEIVES
• Airfare, hotel, and registration for the Voice Foundation Symposium: Care of the Professional Voice
• An Award Certificate
• Recognition in the Journal of Voice and Voice Foundation materials.
2018 Pravin Kumar S, PhD (Czech Republic/India)
Evaluation of Sharpness of Lateral Peaks of the Vocal Fold Vibrations in High-Speed Videokymographic Images
(Pravin Kumar S, Ketaki Vasant Phadke, Jitka Vydrová, Adam Novozámský, Aleš Zita, Barbara Zitová, Jan G. Švec)
2017 Maryam Naghibolhosseini, PhD (USA)
Temporal Segmentation for Laryngeal High-Speed Videoendoscopy in Connected Speech
(Maryam Naghibolhosseini, PhD, Dimitar Deliyski, PhD, Stephanie R.C. Zacharias, PhD, Alessandro de Alarcon, MD, Robert F. Orlikoff, PhD)
2016 Christian Herbst, PhD (Austria)
Phasegram Analysis of Vocal Fold Vibration Documented With Laryngeal High-speed Video Endoscopy
(Christian T. Herbst, Jakob Unger, Hanspeter Herzel, Jan G. Švec, Jörg Lohscheller)
2015 Stephanie Misono, MD (USA)
New Perspective on Psychosocial Distress in Patients with Dysphonia: The Moderating Role of Perceived Control
(Stephanie Misono, Liza Meredith, Carol B. Peterson, Patricia A. Frazier)
2014 Jessica Sofranko-Kisenwether, PhD, CCC-SLP (USA)
The Effect of Levels and Types of Experience on Judgment of Synthesized Voice Quality
(Jessica L. Sofranko, Robert A. Prosek)
2013 Aaron Johnson, PhD, MM (USA)
Vocal Training Mitigates the Effects of Age on Rat Vocalizations and Laryngeal Neuromuscular Junctions
(Aaron M. Johnson, Michelle R. Ciucci, Nadine P. Connor)
2012 Matthew Hoffman, Pre-doctoral Fellow (USA)
Evaluation of Auditory and Visual Feedback for Airflow Interruption
(Matthew R. Hoffman, Adam L. Rieves, Ketan Surender, Erin E. Devine, Jack J. Jiang)
2011 Satoshi Ohno, MD (Japan)
Transforming Growth Factor beta3 for the Prevention of Vocal Fold Scarring
(Satoshi Ohno, Shigeru Hirano, Shin-ichi Kanemaru, Ichiro Tateya, Shinpei Kada, Juichi Ito)
2010 Rosiane Yamasaki, PhD (Brazil)
2009 Heather Shaw Bonilha, PhD, CCC-SLP (USA)