SYMPOSIUM INDEX: ←All you need to know is found here
- Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 4:00pm – 6:00pm in two parts, I and II.
- You will be notified whether you will present in session I or II.
- Presenters must be in place by their posters and ready at the time assigned.
A digital copy of ALL posters should be submitted via email no later than May 1st.
- To be included in the poster contest and show your poster digitally on Saturday and Sunday, please submit a high-quality, one page, digital copy of your poster in .pdf format to the Voice Foundation office (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than May 1.
- Poster-pdfs emailed after that date will not be entered into the poster contest
- Remember to save your PDF as “high quality” (not for web!)
See links below. Remember to practice presenting your research. Take advantage of our (free) Poster Presentation Coaching
Poster Board Size:
- The poster boards are 4 feet tall and 6 feet long
- Posters can be any size, as long as they will fit within those dimensions
- Standard poster size is 3ft x 4ft (36″x 48″), but you can use a bigger size as long as it fits on the board
- Please submit a one page digital copy of your poster in .pdf format to the Voice Foundation office (email@example.com) no later than May 1 for display as of Saturday. Poster presenters who do not submit a digital copy may not be included in online information or the digital portion of the poster session
- When you save as a .pdf, make sure to choose the option “standard quality” or “high-quality”.
- Poster boards need to be removed at 12:15 PM on Friday
- You can bring your printed poster with you
- You can have your poster printed and laminated at the local Staples when you arrive in Philadelphia
- You can send your poster in advance to
The Westin Philadelphia Hotelc/o Rebecca BoulayThe Voice Foundation’s Symposium (5/29-6/2))
99 South 17th StreetPhiladelphia, PA 19103 USA
Creating Large Format Posters Using PowerPoint
You will be making just one slide (or page) in PowerPoint. One really big slide! Using Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 or greater, click on the Design tab at the top and then “Page Setup.”
Under “Slides Sized for:” choose “Custom.” In the Page Setup pop-up menu, set the page size to the same size that you want your poster to be.
Be sure to verify the poster size requirements for the meeting where your poster will be displayed. Failure to do so may result in a poster that is not printable at the size you need. The page size needs to be set before you start your poster layout.
|Finished Poster Size||Page Size in PPT||Enlargement when printed|
|36″ x 48″||36″ x 48″||100%|
|36″ x 56″||36″ x 56″||100%|
|36″ x 60″||18″ x 30″||200%|
|36″ x 72″||18″ x 36″||200%|
|48″ x 56″||48″ x 56″||100%|
|48″ x 60″||24″ x 30″||200%|
|48″ x 72″||24″ x 36″||200%|
|48″ x 84″||24″ x 42″||200%|
|48″ x 96″||24″ x 48″||200%|
Files can only be enlarged or shrunk proportionally for printing (it’s not advisable), so be sure the aspect ratio of your page size in PowerPoint matches that of the final poster size. Note: If you change the page size after creating the poster, it can create problems. Text may be hidden by inserted figures so proof the poster thoroughly. Do not allow text or pictures to hang over the edge of the poster or they will be cropped off when printed. Note that inserted images will be scaled out of proportion because of the change in page size. To resize the images, right-click on the image and select “Size and Position.” Click on the “Size” tab, if not already selected, and make sure the scale percentage is the same for height and width. (e.g., 100% height and 100% width).
Making Posters with PowerPoint
How to make a scientific poster
Poster Perfect – How to drive home your science with a visually pleasing poster
Guide to Creating Research Posters (samples)
When talking about your poster, have a 1-sentence introduction and a 2-5 minute description ready of your research. Expect questions. Ask if they have questions. The audience is likely interested and will want to know more. (Remember, Edit. Edit. Edit.) Here are some tips for you: