Overview of 50th Anniversary Symposium Virtual Edition 2021
- Morning Program CoMeT Presentations. Included in All Sessions or Wednesday Day Rate Registration.
- Afternoon Tutorials
- 8:15a - Basic Science Sessions
- 9:30a - Quintana Award Lecture: Jack Jiang
- 10:00a - Coffee Break
- 10:30a - BS Session II: Phonation Mechanics and Measures
- 12:00p - Lunch
- 1:30p - Keynote Speech
- 2:30p - BSc Session III: Voice Potpourri - High Speed Video, Perception, and Acoustic Measurement
- 4:00p - PosterPalooza
- 5:00p - Dinner
- 6:00p - BSc Special Session: Singing - Registers, Acoustic Interactions, and Respiration
- 7:30p - Speech-Language Pathology Sessions
- 10:00p Adjourn
- The Friday Morning Session
- SYMPOSIUM SOCIAL 4:30 PM EDT - 6:30PM EDT - ZOOM Social time
- Voice Lab Representatives Meeting
- 8:00a-9:30a Medical Sessions
- 9:30a - 10:00a Coffee Break
- 10:00a - 11:00a Panel: The Art of the Medicine: M.D. Performers Caring for the Singing Voice
- 11:00a Award Presentations
- 11:15a G. Paul Moore Lecture: Charles Larson
- 12:15a Lunch
- 1:15a Panel: Meta Therapy: Beyond Vocal Hygene and Exercise
- 2:20 SLP Sessions IIA and IIB
- 4:00p Coffee Break
- 4:30p SLP Sessions IIA and IIB, continued.
- 8:00a Medical Sessions IA and IB
- 9:50a Coffee Break
- 10:20a Panel: The Amateur Choral Singer as a Patient
- 11:20a Panel: From Undergrad to D.M.A.: The Path to Informed Voice Pedagogy
- 12:20p Lunch
- 1:20p Voice Pedagogy Sessions IA and IB
- 5:20p Concluding Remarks
How long will registrants have access to the on-demand content and recorded webinars?
At least 12 months ending June 1, 2022.
How much does it cost to register for the online program?
Early Bird Registration Prices Before April 24th
- MDs attending TVF symposium for the first time 50% DISCOUNT. Use discount code: MD1stTime
- Clinical Fellows & Medical Students attend gratis. Register as student, all sessions. Use discount code: 22amzay28. Send email confirmation from department head.
There is no deadline to sign in.
Abstracts Already Accepted for the 2021 Program
All presentations must be uploaded by May 1st.
ORALS | Presenters: How to participate
Submit an .mp4 video file of your 10-minute max talk. Deadline is May 15 to submit your .mp4 video file and PDF for the conference proceedings. Specific recording instructions using PowerPoint or Keynote are posted on the Presenter Instruction page.
To Film the PPT Presentation with the Speaker in the Corner
- Panopto is great software for this, but not common.
- Zoom recordings would be easy for most people. Basically, schedule a zoom meeting (to which no one is invited other than the presenter), click “record”, then share screen, then give the talk. Upload the presentation - done.
with that type of recording, you have the slides filling most of the screen, and the speaker in the corner.
Speakers may also be invited to participate in a live Q&A (with other speakers from their session) during separate commentary sessions.
Your video will be available for on-demand viewing by a simple sign-in through May 31, 2021.
How to withdraw an oral presentation, if needed.
If you do not wish to present your accepted oral as part of Virtual Voice 2020, email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5th to withdraw. Please include your abstract title.
Video Upload Instructions Here (coming soon)
POSTERS | Presenters: How to participate
- Submit a PDF of your poster and 3minute mp4 by May 1st.
- Please follow our instructions to record your optional poster presentation in PowerPoint or Keynote. Note: it is expected that poster presenting author will narrate the optional poster presentation video.
- File upload - link will be posted
How to withdraw a poster, if needed.
If you do not wish to include your poster presentation as part of Virtual Voice 2020, email email@example.com by May 5th to withdraw.
ALL PRESENTATIONS | Orals and Posters
Voice Foundation Members have a number of attractive benefits included with their annual membership dues. The enhanced benefits available to all corporate members plus additional paid items are all detailed here on the Membership Page. Please join our Mailing List
Timeline of Deadlines and Events
- File upload - link will be posted April 5th.
May 1st: Deadline to upload video of talk (10 minutes - Medical, SLP, Voice Pedagogy, 12 minutes - Basic Science)
May 1st: Deadline to upload poster PDF
June 2nd: 50th Anniversary Symposium Virtual Edition opens with CoMeT presentations in the morning.
June 4th: Friday Morning Session
June 4th: Symposium Social TBD
- 4:30 pm EDT
- 3:30 PM Chicago
- 1:30 PM California
- 9:30 PM London
- 10:30 PM Mainland Europe
- 5:30 PM São Paulo
- 6:30 AM Tokyo
- 7:30 AM Sydney
June 5th: Awards Ceremony