Overview of Virtual Voice Symposium 2020 May 27th
SIMPLE SIGN IN, NO FEE, NO REGISTRATION
- The Friday Morning Session Presentations will become available. View them before the Q & A Discussion Session on Friday, May 29.
- On-demand videos of oral presentations
- Poster PDFs and optional poster presentation videos
- SYMPOSIUM SOCIAL 4:300PM EDT - 6:30PM EDT - ZOOM Social time
Voice Lab Representatives Meeting
Friday, May 29, 1 hour
9:00a Eastern Daylight Time
10:00 São Paolo
14:00 UK, Portugal
15:00 W. Europe, South Africa
16:00 Finland, Greece
11:00AM EDT Live webinar for the Friday Morning Session
- Attendees may watch the talks individually on-demand at any time beginning May 27.
- Content is only accessible to people who sign in to the Virtual Voice Symposium.
- On-demand content will remain available to registrants for at least one full year.
- Each presentation (orals and posters) will feature the following:
How long will registrants have access to the on-demand content and recorded webinars?
At least 12 months ending June 1, 2021.
How much does it cost to register for the online program?
Student Members, $0
Non-Member Students, $0
Emeritus Member, $0
There is no deadline to sign in.
Abstracts Already Accepted for the 2020 Program
We ask that all authors decide by May 5 if they want to remain in the program. Requests for withdrawal must be received by May 5. If you need to withdraw, please see specific instructions below for orals and posters.
ORALS | Presenters: How to participate
Submit an .mp4 video file of your 10-minute max talk. Deadline is May 15 to submit your .mp4 video file and PDF for the conference proceedings. Specific recording instructions using PowerPoint or Keynote are posted on the Presenter Instruction page.
To Film the PPT Presentation with the Speaker in the Corner
- Panopto is great software for this, but not common.
- Zoom recordings would be easy for most people. Basically, schedule a zoom meeting (to which no one is invited other than the presenter), click “record”, then share screen, then give the talk. Upload the presentation - done.
with that type of recording, you have the slides filling most of the screen, and the speaker in the corner.
Speakers may also be invited to participate in a live Q&A (with other speakers from their session) during separate commentary sessions.
Your video will be available for on-demand viewing by a simple sign-in through May 31, 2021.
How to withdraw an oral presentation, if needed.
If you do not wish to present your accepted oral as part of Virtual Voice 2020, email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 5th to withdraw. Please include your abstract title.
POSTERS | Presenters: How to participate
- Submit a PDF of your poster by May 15.
- Optional .mp4 three-minutes max in length may also be submitted by the May 15 deadline. Please follow our instructions to record your optional poster presentation in PowerPoint or Keynote. Note: it is expected that poster presenting author will narrate the optional poster presentation video.
- File upload
How to withdraw a poster, if needed.
If you do not wish to include your poster presentation as part of Virtual Voice 2020, email email@example.com by May 5th to withdraw.
ALL PRESENTATIONS | Orals and Posters
Voice Foundation Members have a number of attractive benefits included with their annual membership dues. The enhanced benefits available to all corporate members plus additional paid items are all detailed here on the Membership Page. Please join our Mailing List
Timeline of Deadlines and Events
May 1: Deadline to withdraw an abstract (see details above for orals and posters). Presenters chosen for 2020, who do not want to participate may submit for 2021.
May 15: Deadline to upload video of talk (10 minutes - Medical, SLP, Voice Pedagogy, 12 minutes - Basic Science)
May 15: Deadline to upload poster PDF
May 27: Virtual Voice 2020 opens with all on-demand content available
May 27: Symposium Social 4:30PM - 6:30PM EDT
- 4:30 pm EDT
- 3:30 PM Chicago
- 1:30 PM California
- 9:30 PM London
- 10:30 PM Mainland Europe
- 5:30 PM São Paulo
- 6:30 AM Tokyo May 28th
- 7:30 AM Sydney May 28th
May 28: Awards Ceremony
May 29: Friday Morning Session 11:00AM EDT